An important goal of the ISN is to encourage research in problems unique to Indian subjects with kidney diseases. Some of the priority areas are
- Definition of chronic kidney disease and estimating the burden
- Unique factors that contribute progression of CKD in India
- Cost containment in various aspects of management of kidney disease and renal transplant recipients
- Models to promote deceased organ donation in India and strategies
- Multicentric Clinical trials in common diseases, e.g. glomerulonephritis, problems in transplant recipients, lupus nephritis, strategies to retard CKD progression etc.
The ISN will encourage development of groups of researchers and generation of research protocols and data safely monitoring and analysis. Findings will be provided for such studies